Thursday, September 11, 2008

Pix Explained

I have got myself going.
1 and 2 are the rear suspension: They are probably clearer pictures, which I why I have included them. Both back and front rubber bands are the same apart from width of rubber and number of bands. You can see the clamping device with the spikes sticking through.
3 to 5 are front suspension, and you can see the complications I got myself into with the quadrants.
The rear suspension has 4 (I think) layers on each side of the yoke: So in effect there are 16 layers for each side of the car. The centre distance when not extended is about 5 1/2 inches. In other words the rubber tension is very great, but that is mainly due to the flat angle they are running at. It is easy to adjust, but very time consuming by the time you have measured the wheel rate as I said in the last Email.
The front suspension is not so high geared;but that is a matter of the push rod and quadrant gearing.
The moving away from individual bands to one long strip each side of the yokes with the spiked clamps was one of the best things I did for alterability.
Barry

No comments: